Bryn Celli Ddu, Wales

Bryn Celli Ddu, Wales

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bloodlines is finished!

Well, I've finished Richelle Mead's newest book, and I have to say that I liked it. Maybe not as much as the Vampire Academy series, but it was still really well done.

I really enjoyed the chemistry between Adrian and Sydney, and I hope this "forbidden romance" idea is explored more in book 2 of the series. For those who haven't read Vampire Academy, it will still be easy to understand what's going on, and how Strigoi, Moroi and dhampirs are classified race-wise. Which will explain a little more why Sydney, a human alchemist, is not supposed to mingle with vampires - at all!

There were a couple of surprises in the end, which I'm not going to give away. I really liked how Mead wrapped up the story-line of Kevin and Lee, and I particularly enjoyed the back-story of Kevin and Sydney. Throughout the first half of the book I kept wondering what it was that was between the two of them and what Kevin's big secret was.

The final line of the book left me anxiously awaiting the second book - one of my fave chracters returns!

All in all, a great start to a new series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment