Bryn Celli Ddu, Wales

Bryn Celli Ddu, Wales

Saturday, September 3, 2011

On the Pile

I thought I'd share a list of up-and-coming books in my pile. It seems to only get larger as the days pass (which is great because that means there are a lot of fantastic books waiting to be read!). Here are a few I hope to tackle over the next week or so...

Bones of Faerie - Janni Lee Simner
Faerie Winter - Janni Lee Simner
Thief Eyes - Janni Lee Simner
The Near Witch - Victoria Schwab
Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma
The Truth-Teller's Lie - Sophie Hannah
The Last Child - John Hart
Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Lost Voices - Sarah Porter
The Silver Boat - Luanne Rice
A Man Named Dave - David Pelzer
Tomorrow When the War Began (series of 7 books ) - James Marsden
Dreamland (Riley Bloom book 3) - Alyson Noel
Paranormalcy - Kiersten White
Supernaturally - Kiersten White
The Hunger Games (series of 3 books) - Suzanne Collins
Full Dark, No Stars - Stephen King

Suggestions are always appreciated!

Aili


2 comments:

  1. Not my genre, but I've heard the The Hunger Games series is great! But I'm sure you already now its wonderful reputation and reviews. :)

    A couple of great books I've just read in English are Helen Simonson's Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, Eleanor Brown's The Weird Sisters, Lucinda Riley's Hothouse Flower and Sebastian Barry's On Canaan's Side (oh, and Colm Tóibín's Brooklyn, which I read in Finnish, but I think you would love that one, too, it being an Irish story). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos for the suggestions! I will add them to my list :D

    I'm not sure I have a specific genre; I just love books. I do love a lot of the YA books, simply for the fact that they're an easy, relaxing and quick read. I love adult fiction, too, as it usually has more complexity of emotion and depth :D Basically, I'll read anything...although I will admit to being kind of tired of vampires :P

    ReplyDelete